Please Read Carefully
Update January 2023
2. Use License
Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of any downloadable materials on this website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on this web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or 'mirror' the materials on any other server.
This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by APEG at any time or upon discontinuance of payment for APEG's service. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
The materials on this website are provided 'as is'. APEG makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, APEG does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall APEG be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on this website, even if APEG or an authorized representative of APEG has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on this site website may include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. APEG does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. APEG may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. APEG does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
APEG has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by APEG of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user's own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to APEG's website shall be governed by the laws of Michigan without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
9. Additional Provisions:
- Educational content contained on this site may change with or without notice. It is your responsibility to verify all information before using it to support your education that may guide a recommendation to a client or prospective client.
- You agree to hold harmless APEG for any injury incurred at any live event.
- ALL INDIVIDUALS AND/OR THEIR FIRMS LISTED IN OUR PROFESSIONAL PARTNER NETWORK, OUR SPEAKERS BUREAU OR OUR CURRICULUM CONTRIBUTORS, UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED, ARE INDEPENDENT FROM THE ADVANCED PLANNING EDUCATIONAL GROUP, INC. (APEG). APEG MAKES NO WARRANTY OF THEIR INDEPENDENT SERVICES NOR DOES IT CERTIFY THEIR QUALIFICATIONS OR PROFESSIONAL COMPETENCE. APEG DOES NOT OFFER LEGAL, TAX OR FINANCIAL ADVICE. VIEWS AND OPINIONS EXPRESSED BY THESE PROFESSIONALS MAY NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF APEG, ITS EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS OR SHAREHOLDERS.
- Coupon codes have no cash value to the user.
- You understand that this material is subject to copyright laws and may not be duplicated in any form without the express written consent of the President of APEG.
- Videos contained in this website are for professional use only and are not intended for use by or with the general public.
Information contained on this site shall not be considered legal, tax or investment advice.
- Information contained on this site is an interpretation by the individual instructor / curriculum contributor/ lecturer, based on their professional experience. It is not a comprehensive analysis of the topic. This site is for educational purposes only. Every reasonable effort has been made to ensure that information is reasonably accurate.
- User shall hold harmless Advanced Planning Educational Group, Inc (APEG), its officers, directors, shareholders employees and independent contractors from any event or action incurred as a result of the information contained within any aspect of this site.
- User should validate recommendations to clients based on information found in primary sources and shall not rely on information contained on this site to provide recommendations to clients or prospective clients.
- Content is based on the interpretation of US Federal Law by the instructor. Laws may differ from State to State; thus, this course considers US Federal rules only. Any references to state specific situations are for illustration purposes only.
- The course material is intended for use solely by the individual enrolled user and may not be displayed, viewed or shared with any person, either individually or in a group setting without the express written consent of the President of APEG.
- Any course on this site will expire at the earlier of completion of the course, at the discontinuance of payment to APEG or 180 days after course enrollment. No Refunds or partial refunds will be issued for user’s failure to complete a course.
- If payment for this course is funded or arranged by an employer or third-party sponsor other than the user, user authorizes APEG to share attendance, completion data, quiz and exam results with employer and/or sponsor. User / Member agrees to hold harmless Advanced Planning Educational Group, Inc. (APEG), its officers, directors, shareholders, employees, contractors and/or agents for any issue arising from the sharing of this information, including, but not limited to, loss of employment or compensation.
- Licensing Rights to G.O.A.L.S. Planning Support Tools for Members of APEG shall be granted a non-exclusive and non-transferable license (the "License") to use APEG’s Planning Support Tools (“Tools”) in their practice subject to the terms and conditions listed below.
- "Tools" include: First Meeting Booklet: “An Overview of Goal-Based Financial Planning”; Initial Interview: “About You and Goals, The Initial Interview”; Annual Review: “About You and Your Goals, Annual Review”; Goal Identifier: “A Roadmap to our Relationship” ; and any other marketing material APEG may offer now or in the future.
- Title, copyright, and intellectual property rights of the Tools remain exclusively with APEG. Intellectual property rights include the look and feel of the Tools. By agreeing to these Terms, Licensee acknowledges that their interest in the Tools is a License for use only and is not in any way a transfer of ownership rights to the Tools.
- The rights and obligations under these Terms are granted to the Licensee only. The Licensee may not transfer or assign any of the rights or obligations granted under these Terms to any other person or legal entity. The Licensee may not make available the Tools for use by one or more third parties.
- APEG Software/Tools may not be modified, reverse-engineered, or de-compiled in any manner through current or future available technologies.
- APEG makes no warranty expressed or implied regarding the fitness of the Tools for a particular purpose or that the Tools will be suitable or appropriate for the specific requirements of the Licensee.
- APEG does not warrant that use of the Tools will be uninterrupted or error-free.
- No user support or maintenance is provided as part of these Terms.
- Membership and/or enrollment DOES NOT INCLUDE individual consultation or support in practice management or case design.
- These Terms will be terminated, and the License forfeited where the Licensee has failed to comply with any of the terms of this Agreement or is in breach of this Agreement. On termination of this Agreement for any reason, the Licensee will promptly destroy the Software/Tools or return the Software/Tools to APEG. These Terms do not create or imply any relationship in agency or partnership between APEG and the Licensee.
- Information about a specific client situation along with state law can vary widely based on the specific facts involved. Given the changing nature of laws, rules and regulations, and the inherent hazards of electronic communication, there may be delays, omissions or inaccuracies in information contained in the services offered through this site by APEG. Accordingly, the information provided by this Service is provided with the understanding that the authors and publishers are not herein engaged in rendering legal, accounting, tax, or other professional advice and services, regardless of their professional licensure or designations. As such, it should not be used as a substitute for consultation with professional accounting, tax, legal or other competent advisors. Users of the Service/Tools must comply with their professional licensure duties for performing their due diligence in developing, presenting, and implementing their recommendations to their client(s).
- Information provided be APEG is for conceptual education only and should not be used as the basis for a recommendation.
- APEG content is not for resale.
- Your use of the Service does not entitle you to make any unauthorized use of any protected content, and in particular you will not delete or alter any proprietary rights or attribution notices in any content.
- You will use protected content solely for your personal use and will make no other use of the content without the express written permission of APEG and the copyright owner.
- You agree that you do not acquire any ownership rights in any protected content.
- We do not grant you any licenses, express or implied, to the intellectual property of APEG or our licensors except as expressly authorized by these Terms.
GENERAL REFUND POLICY: APEG will issue a refund of unused service calculated on a monthly basis. The refund will apply to unused months only. No partial monthly refund is available. Upon request for refund, the user shall immediately discontinue use of service, all licensure rights shall immediately terminate and user shall return or destroy any materials associated with the service or licensure rights. Refund requests shall be made via email to [email protected] or mailed to APEG's address of record found on this site.